home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Inspiration for Hair


I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the 1940's era. It is has continued to hold such a vast variety of inspiration. I love the red lips. the pin curls. finger waves. floral prints. the hats. the fashion gloves. the femininity of the decade. Women rocked it! I have been so excited with the come back from this time period on the runways, magazines and stores. It is so fun to play with on a daily basis. I dare you to buy some red lip stick and rock it out. Or wear your hair different than the average day. I am tempted to hit some consignment shops or my Grandma's closet for some fun vintage wear. 




MINT GREEN! what a fun color. I am so excited to wear normal clothes again. Now that I am not pregnant, I am looking forward to exploring with my wardrobe again. I recently went to the Mall of America and could not get over all the mint green everywhere. So fun. There is even a bakery in my husband's home town that has this color in it. I am obsessed. 

Isn't this so fun?! I love the look. the messy braids. the color palette. the lip color with the fusion of the two contrasting colors. Messy braids are stickin around. I wish I had long hair to do it up! 


So beautiful. To get this look you need day old hair.. dry shampoo. (my fav is Eufora, which I sell at Tala) and a braid. 

curls are RADIANT! I heart them. Here are some of my favs. 

  MENS FASHION is blowing up. I love that we are finally going bold and more runway savvy. I love the hipster look right now mixed with the 1950's mod style. So fun. I am really enjoying the Elvis, the slicked back Fonzy, the shaved sides with the length on top. Parting the hair is back. So fun. Say goodbye to the spiky look, or the mo-fo-hawk. TIME IS A CHANGIN. Step out of your comfort and rock a new look. here are some of my favs:
 oh Macgyver....i love this look.

 Just kidding. there was a time for this and its not returning......:)


I love this look. so in. so now. so easy and fun to dress up or down.


  and here is an example of having shorter more tight sides with some fun texture and wave on top.

Enjoy....what is your fav look right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment