home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Monday, November 5, 2012

Gate Girls Night

Can I just say that we are so blessed with such an amazing ministry. The Gate is the best youth group around. AMEN.  This past weekend we had a much needed girls night for our youth gals. It has been obnoxiously long since we had a girls night. I used to plan them very frequently but have been a little pre-occupied with my babies and Tala. So once school got started, some of our leaders organized this much anticipated event. We went for girly colors: pink and purple! Our food was focused on this theme as well. We did low budget decor. It was an all day event of prep and baking. I was at church for over 12 hours while my other dedicated leaders were there 15 plus hours. HC (hardcore). love you all....



I mod podged scrap paper hearts on lunch bags for the girls to be able to load with candy and popcorn. We had our GGN in our youth room. cozy. intimate. fun. Our leaders crimped the paper to make wheels. Are they just not the cutest? I totally think it would be awesome to have in a nursery or kids room? cheap. fun. high on impact!


Here is a shot of the bags. I heart!


We bought the jars at target and Walmart. They will be used for many Gate events. Love myself a good big jar...the possibilities are endless.


The tissue paper flower balls are from at party supply store. They were hanging over the welcome table. We also blacked out the lobby with Christmas lights to have the entrance be more grand/intimate. I loved it. We lined the lights outside too.


We had a fun night planned for the ladies. We had fun music playing...the essentials...One Direction. some Biebs. Carrie Underwood. etc. The beginning of the night was social. One of our youth guys, Isaih led worship for us followed by Jenna speaking on --Being Desired by God. It was awesome. So often, we seek man's approval and attention when God longs for us to desire him. Especially, teen girls....it is so easy for them to get wrapped up in the drama of life and desiring attention from guys. parents. friends. sibs. etc. It is so easy for us to forgot God's love for us. It was a challenging word and real. Just what we needed. Here are some shots of my lovely ladies.


 Jenna sharing from her heart.

                                     



We had 40 girls come! It was the first girls night out of many to come. Can't wait to continue to do life with these fab. young women. People always talk to Andy and I about our ministry or their curiosity in working with teens. It is funny to us cuz it just comes natural for us. We love TEENS! They are a blast. They are REAL. They are passionate. They are loving. They let loose. It is a pleasure, a blessing and an honor to share life with them.


fun fact:  This is the infamous purple couch. love! Every week at the Gate we draw a name of a student that is VIP or (Big boy on campus) and they get to sit here with a friend of choice...winning at iTunes gift card.








my lil buddy came to say hi to me! I was away from her all day so it was a treat to see my little Zi Pie. love that kid!

After Jenna shared, We broke out into smaller groups to chat about what she shared. To dig deeper. to share. be transparent. It was great to connect and realize we are all in this together. 

                                             

After chatting in our small groups we hit up snacks round 2! We had hung balloons over the snacks. love the impact of lots of balloons. so fun. 


We had Panera goodness all over. yum-o. wafer cookies, cupcakes, pink Oreos! puppy chow. and pink almond bark pretzels with sprinkles. HEAVEN.






Zakiyah was the baby that got passed around from all my lovies. This is gangsta Elizabeth bonding with my babe. She flew out the following morning for NYC. We will and already miss her.


 Our lovely Davina working away in the kitchen. She rocks! One of my favorite people. The Gate wouldn't be the same without her! And aren't those flowers amazing!!! they are Flowers by Jerry. Love.  Our friends hooked us up with the beautiful arrangements. We appreciate you!


We had nail polish set up for some painting action. This is Noelle painting straight up leopard print on Nikki. So cool. Pinterest inspired projects were going on as well. We used old tee shirts for headbands and necklaces. so fun. love myself a creative night.


 Lizzy lovin Kiyah

My beautiful ladies. Hayley-Jenna-Zoe.


Tee Shirtin it.

So yah. What a night. So worth the long hours. Thanks to all who helped. We love you. The Gate couldn't make it without you. 

I thought I would share a couple random pix of what is going on at the Cass Casa. 


Last night, I headed down to Fagan Studios for a ART night with some friends. We started this a few years ago. It is a must for sanity and the creative juices to flow. We try and get together quarterly for the most part. Sometimes it is less or more. I made some pumpkin bread (Pinterest) for us ladies to enjoy.We come to paint. write. read. scrap. make jewelry. you name it, it happens.  I had the plan to paint two canvases for my 1/2 bath on the main floor in my house. So here is a preview! I will post pictures soon of them up in my home. I loved how they turned out. 


Andy and I pulled out the activity mat yesterday for Zakiyah. She is loving it. She is officially grabbing at things now. My baby is 11 weeks old already. Zion wanted to lay with her this morning. Precious. 

Blessed- we are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment