home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Friday, August 16, 2013

H54F

This week has been crazy! It has been really busy with work, travel, and social time. I got to go up to a friend's cabin to celebrate my sister's bachelorette weekend! A group of girls all gathered in honor of Chelsea! We ate great food, had lots of sun time, boating, jet skiied, and relaxed! 


Us girls on the dock-- pre boatin
We hit up a local tavern in the evening called Mavericks for some pool/jutebox and a entertaining time. I had fun listening to some Shania Twain, Journey, and Marshall Tucker Band. Classic.


Laura, our hostess, bought these for all of us to use for the weekend. We wrote notes with sharpie markers on them too! 


Breakfast on the deck.



Chelsea's nickname is "Goose", and her man's is "Bird"! Les made this fabulous viel for our night out!


super attractive pix of us jumpin. 




Sisters. 



When I got home on Sunday, we had some of the teens over from youth group. (my hus is a Youth Pastor)  I love hanging out on Sunday nights around the camp fire! 





I had a festive week at Tala. New thing that I am doing now.......... Trading fish for haircuts! Our friends, just got back from Alaska, and brought us fish! Halleju!


My client, Shawna, has been growing out her hair for a while now. I took 5 minutes showing her this easy and fast style as an alternative to putting it in a pony tail. I took 5 sections and twisted them in buns and secured each bun with 2 bobby pins. Check back every Wednesday for Lock Love Wednesday for ideas on hairstyling! Follow me on Instagram as well! #locklovewed and #locklovewednesday


I got to watch my 3 year old nephew this week. It was lovely! Our kids play so well together. Lots of playing outside and using our imaginations. Big sis is pushing my baby here. love. 


Zion on her last day of swimming lessons.


I am finishing up my daughter's dollhouse! I am using this paper as wallpaper! We are giving it to the girls for Zakiyah's 1st birthday. I can not wait!!!!! We are celebrating this weekend. I am so thankful for my daughters. There has been some heavy stuff this week with two car accidents. People who have lost their lives. I have been deep in thought/prayer and reflection. 

Holding my daughters extra tight.
Thanking Jesus for my blessings. 
My heart goes out to my friends that are grieving and remembering Andrew and Darron. 
Life is a gift.

Have a blessed day. 
Thanks for stopping by.

{link up with Jeanett and Lauren}


4 comments:

  1. great great GREAT photos! love the cup gift idea!

    Keep snapping those memories, Christy!

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/08/i-love-insta-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traci, Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. That really waz a full week. The batchelorette looked like a really great time. My daughter loved swim lessons and is jealous that my son has had them the past month and she has not. It is terrible how sometimes it takes a tragedy for us to realize what we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I agree........life is so precious. have a lovely weekend.

      Delete