home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Monday, September 1, 2014

I have a two year old…...

Oh hi, my daughter turned two a couple weeks ago…and I haven't shared yet:) 


My Zakiyah Nova is 2 years old (as of 8.20) What in the world?! Where has the time gone? Oh, I know, chasing after this crazy second born!!!! 
Mamahood is a ride that I love being apart of! 
Especially, with my two little ladies, in tow. They truly make my life beautiful.
Zakiyah means Purity and Nova means Bright and New. That she is….
My Beauty.
Ever since, this stubborn little girl entered the world, (birth story) I knew my life was about to change!
Zakiyah is a burst of energy. 
She loves life to the fullest! She still likes to take 2 naps a day, if I let her…..
She loves her babies and lovies. The girls wants to tote around 2 small lovies, 2 big blankets and a croqueted blankie, baby, mermaid, stuffed animal.. you name it… she is handing it to me to carry.
Zakiyah only says a few words at this point, but is the loudest 2 year old I know.
Her favorite songs are Boom (River Valley Church- Go Kids), Full of Stars (Coldplay), Jump (River Valley Church- Go Kids), and of course, Let It Go (Frozen). We have dance parties daily in the car and living room.
She is fearless, adventurous, and risk taking. She barrels down hills. tricycles, and runs so fast! She loves the water and swimming with her family. 
She loves FOOD! She wants chocolate every day, if I let her! She loves dried fruit, watermelon, mashed potatoes and can slam 4 slices of pizza if I give it to her! 
Kiyah LOVES her sister! She adores Zion. I love having them share a room for many reasons! I love walking by their room and seeing them play and share…occasionally. ;)
Every night, when Andy puts them to bed he goes through 3 songs and sings to them, while holding their hands as they are in their crib/bed. He is way better at bedtime than me. I am over it after 8pm…. Literally, over the day. done. don't want to procrastinate the routines………
Zakiyah is her sister's shadow with a lot of things. I feel like we are skipping a lot of things that Zion liked at 2 and jumping ahead, because Kiyah wants to do what her sister wants to do.
Zakiyah is the most affectionate girl I know! She hugs, holds hands, cuddles, kisses, giggles all the time. Ever since she was a baby, she would place her hand on my forearm…. when I hold her. MY FAVORITE.
Zakiyah teaches me patience, grace, humility, and how to respond creatively to certain scenarios. 
She makes our life better. 
More full.
More joy-filled. 
More over flowing.
More happy.
Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet girl!  


We had a simple BBQ with family for her birthday! Our neighbors came by too to help celebrate our Zakiyah! I went with fun and happy decor! 

Menu:

Hickory and Rodeo Lime Chicken and Pork on the grill
Mexican Sweet Corn 
Pioneer Woman's Baked Beans
Cantaloupe and Pineapple
Roasted potatoes
Garden fresh salad with veggies
Fresh Salsa and Blue Corn Chips
Nutella Chocolate frosting // Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes! HEAVEN!!!!
Ice Cream
Lots of fun bevys 






In the morning, we had our Nanny- Noelle "Coelle" over for breakfast (cass cakes) to send her off to college. She helped make the watermelon and pineapple garland! 





Zakiyah loves sweet corn. 
Fact: First born- prefers me to cut the corn off the cob. Second born- wants to eat it by herself.


CUTIES!

Cousins!!!!!!



Spoiled.

Zion loves taking pictures. Fact:  my parents never me touch their camera….now, they willingly give it to their 4 year old grandchild. ;) 




Mike helping put together Zakiyah's rockin' grocery cart!


 Zakiyah loving on her art from Bird + Goose! 


Crazy


Going through 2 bottles of bubbles in … oh you know 5 minutes…..


Love celebrating my girls.
Blessed, are we.
Thankful.

Love reminiscing her first birthday ;) HERE.
Love this little video, that I put together HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment