home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The best chili recipe ever -- SWEET and SASSY CHILI

Today, I am celebrating FALL with you by sharing my FAVORITE CHILI recipe ever! It is a favorite in my family in the colder months! I have no idea how I came up with this delicious meal, but it is A-mazing! Promise!!!!! This chili has the perfect blend of sweetness and sassiness to it. You can spice it up a bit to your liking as well! 


RECIPE:

1 pound of hamburger
garlic cloves
1 - 2 onions (depending on size) diced.

{ground the meat with the onion/garlic}
Season with S/P

Meanwhile, have a large pot on medium heat ready for you to dump! As for the beans, you can vary this recipe or not use all of them if you choose to. I switch it up a lot, but here is my staple.

1 can baked beans
1 can (rinsed) dark kidney beans ( you can use light kidney beans too)
1 can (rinsed) white kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can (rinsed) butter beans and/or northern beans
1 large can of diced or stewed tomatoes with whatever flavor you prefer
1 can (rinsed) black beans ( if you like)
4 cups of Campbell's tomato juice or bloody mary mix from Trader Joes
1 jar of salsa ( I usually use Pace Medium salsa)
You can add in another salsa if you like too! I use what ever I have on hand.
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 T. Cinnamon
2 T. Chili Powder
1 t. Cumin
Cayenne Pepper ( I use 1/4 t. because I am a wimp)
S/P if it needs it

Stir and simmer. Add the meat as soon as it is brown. I sometimes serve immediately, but prefer to let it simmer for a good 30 + minutes for flavor.

My favorite place to buy beans and tomatoes is Trader Joes- very reasonable Organic selection.

We make Trader Joes cornbread too! I always serve cheese/crackers/sour cream too!

I hope that you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment