home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Thursday, May 23, 2013

We have a BLUE DOOR!

I am so excited to share with you our newly painted (for the second time) DOOR! I love it!!!!!! Saturday morning, I woke up motivated! Over breakfast, Andy and I were discussing the plans for the day and we landed on lots of outside projects. I hauled the girls to Sherwin-Williams with me and we picked out paint on the spot. That is how I roll.....


When we bought our house it had a midnight blue/navy door. I liked it but it wasn't bright enough for me. Imagine that....so I used leftover paint from studio....and went to this.....


When we were building the studio downstairs, I knew I wanted a bright door- lime green is what I went with. I still love it on the studio door. I had leftover paint, and decided to paint the front door too. I just have not been 100% about it. Why? Too bright. Too hard to have accent colors with it. I wanted to add more tones to our front. I love a good house with some curb appeal. 


Above is the studio door. I think it works great for that space! Just not the front....



So after quickly browsing my Pinterest boards, I decided blue would be it. I picked "Blue Cruise" by SW. I love it. I painted the exterior and interior of the door this time. 







I potted our flowers too! LOVING THEM!!!!!! 


I begged Andy and his dad to hang the hanging basket up for me! I think it adds a lot. I brought out my yellow wreath for summer too.


I like how the blue brings out the gray! I am hoping to coax the hus to help me with window shutters this summer too. We are going to go with a colonial yellow for them. I also want white window boxes on the main floor windows. I can't wait. I am super happy with how it turned out!



Do you have any summer projects going? I am on a roll! Check back tomorrow for my Kitchen REVEAL! I painted it.........yellow!!!!!! It is gorg! 

We have been living on our deck that my Hus built last summer.....I love having it. We treat it like a bonus room.....BLISS....I love having a space to be outside with my family.....


I am so happy that we decided to go with composite wood. No maintenance = happy fam. I planted some cilantro and basil in the container on the coffee table. YUM! 


I still pinch myself that we have this view.

Our playground is being used daily by our girls, the neighbors, and my clients kiddos. I love having it. Praise for green trees and grass.  Have a super day!






No comments:

Post a Comment