home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

LLW y'all

I started Lock Lock Wednesday to get myself motivated to style my hair everyday. It is so easy, for even hair stylists to get in a rut with their hair. I am hoping to inspire you along the way with simple and fun techniques to help you look fabulous! Join me along the way. It will be fun! All you have to do is take snapshots of your hair during the week and link up with me below! 


I curled my hair in the above picture with a 1" Hot Tools Curling Iron. I had gone up to the cities with friends to get some summer shopping done. I used baby powder on my roots and Awapuhi hair spray on my ends! 


I love this picture! I love that we all have different hair! I color both girls hair. I just colored Danielle's (Left) using a 7N/8CG on her regrowth and brushing it through. I used bleach on her ends giving her hair the ombre' look! On Kati (middle) she also has an ombre'. I used bleach on her ends/ I painted her regrowth with a 3N. I am actually wearing a fun lip color in this picture. I have become allergic to the perfumes in makeup as of recently. 

My friend, Becky had given me some Lancome makeup and low and behold it works. No reaction. I am pumped. This color is "Wannabe Cream". I love the richness of the pigment....and can I just say that I am very thankful for my friendships. Being a mama and a wife, I have really learned how important it is to maintain friendships. I have such a sisterhood. a tribe. a community. I am very thankful for my girlfriends. They teach me so much. 


I colored my sister, Cara's hair this week! I love her natural red. She is natural 8-9 OR. It is soooo gorgeous. We decided to put in some subtle dimension to add some lighter tones for summer. I used a bleach, a high lift blonde and a copper/gold to brighten it up. I love her hair!


Here is a selfie.......ROOTS.

Get it.

While I was coloring my sister's hair, I decided to throw in a base break on my hair. They rock. A base break is when you put a high lift color on the roots for 5-10 minutes to break your base and blend the color. I do this in between foiling to give my hair a break. It had been 7 weeks since I colored my hair. It was time. 


After:  my base break. 

I used a curl wand by TIGI to put texture and waves in my hair. I posted yesterday about what product I like to use for this look. Check it out here. Put in a clip from Forever 21 to sprucen' it up. 

 

Here I put my hair in some braids and threw it up with bobby pins. Easy. Peasy. 

I would love for you to join me for LLW! Link up with me below with your post/or pix from instagram. Follow me on Insta, using #locklovewed or #locklovewednesday

Have a great day!




 




No comments:

Post a Comment