home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Friday, October 4, 2013

H54F

Happy Friday y'all! Every Friday, I link up with Jeanett and Lauren and show you some highlights from my week. This week has been busy as usual, but I had a great time living life fully.
 Being a hairstylist is the best job ever! I love having the opportunities to transform people's appearances and give them that boost of confidence. Hair represents change. new seasons. Fall brings on new colors and cuts! I got to cut 7" off Ashley's hair this week and I color glazed her hair with a cinnamon/nutmeg color. Glazing takes 10 minutes and is such a quick fix to freshening up your hair. Doesn't she look awesome!

  
{blurry- a 5 year old took this}

Back in the day, like in 2001-2004 :), I lived with these beauties! They are my life long BFF- my go to women, my support......... and this week we got to hang out! Liz (left) lives 2 hours away and has 2 girls under 2, Jody (to my right, with her daughter in front of her) and has 3 kids under 5, lives in Rochester, which is the best ever! Jill (on the right)  has two kids under 2, lives in San Diego now! We had coffee, watched movies, painted nails, held babies, laughed, got take-out, reminisced, and took in our 24 window we got to hang out! It is so special and I love my pie girls so much.


Erik-6 months, Sydney- 6 wks, Zakiyah (mine) - 13 months


My 3 yo at ballet. I posted about it here


On Sunday, we celebrated my dad's birthday at a local pizza joint. It was so yummy as always. After lunch, we went to Bird + Goose's (my sister) for german chocolate cupcakes and coffee. I love my sister's mug collection! 


Fall brings a new menu to casslife. Spaghetti squash. Pumpkin everything. Chili. Tator Tot hot dish. Butternut squash/wild rice/sausage soup. Americanos. Comfort food. Bliss.


I have been on a organizing kick lately! I got this drawer unit on Amazon for our art supplies for the girls. It has wheels and is perfect to move throughout the rooms in our house. I hate clutter. I love an organized area. Hallelujah. 

What have you been up to? Any fun plans for the weekend?! I am hoping for relaxation and getting some stuff done around our home.

Happy Friday, Friends! xoxoxo



4 comments:

  1. I love Autumn and this post is especially cozy! I love it. :) I'm also on a really refreshing organizing kick -which is a great feeling when at last emerging from the I-had-a-baby-six-months-ago-and-still-feel-exhausted cavern. Ha ha! For real. I always love reading about what you're doing. Is it weird that I read with your voice in my head? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing, when reading friends blogs :) I just love motivation post spring/summer craziness. i have my laminator out today....getting pretty dangerous here :)

      Delete
  2. Fall changes my menu, too! And I love it --- trying new recipes for different kinds of chili and lots of soup. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for sure! I am going to be posting my chili recipe this week if you are interested! It is amazing :) Thanks for stopping by Mindy.

      Delete