home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mama Beege's Pumpkin Bars

Fall brings on the best food in the Cass home. I tend to go in soup, baking, crockpot overload once September hits Minnesota! A Cass fav is my mom's recipe for pumpkin bars! They are devine! Cream cheese frosting and pumpkin.....need I say more? Today, I am sharing with you the amazing recipe! I make this every couple of weeks for our youth kids this time of year! I don't trust myself making them for us just my family. I need the help from others to eat these bad boys! YUM!


Preheat oven to 350 and grease a jelly roll pan for the bars.

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 c. oil (I use whatever I have on hand)
2 c. sugar ( I have halved the sugar/ 1 part white and 1 part brown)
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
2 c. flour (you can use whole wheat or white)
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. clove
1/2 t. nutmeg (the seasonings make these bars!) 

bake for 25-30 min

Frosting: 

8 oz cream cheese 
3/4 stick of butter (unsalted) 
---I put out the cream cheese and butter at room temp---
4 c. of powdered sugar 
1 T. milk (I use almond milk)

Frost the bars at room temp! One thing that you can do is sprinkle/sift on cinnamon to the top of the frosting! It looks and tastes pretty. 

Welcome to the best fall treat ever!

Do you have a favorite dessert? Please share!!!! 

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment