home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

LLW

I started Lock Lock Wednesday to get myself motivated to style my hair everyday. It is so easy, for even hair stylists to get in a rut with their hair. I am hoping to inspire you along the way with simple and fun techniques to help you look fabulous! Join me along the way. It will be fun! All you have to do is take snapshots of your hair during the week and link up with me below!  This week I am sharing with you a plethora of sorts, of pretty things. Hair and Beauty.

 It has been a busy week at Tala! I had the lovely opportunity to head up to the beautiful city of Stillwater (Eastern suburb of St. Paul) for one of my client's wedding this past weekend. I got to style hair and attend the beautiful wedding! 



Here are the gorgeous bridesmaids and bride. I love their dresses (mod cloth) and the floral arrangements. They look stunning! Taylor, the bride, styled her own hair, wanting it to be romantic and  down. I love the overall look!


Here are some close ups of the styles.



On Kayla, we used a side braid on the right and some fun knots on the left. Her hair was should length so it was fun to funk it up a touch.



Karly (above) had tons of hair that hit the lower part of her back. So, I literally took the bottom half of her hair and made two braids and put them in a bun to hide hair that was un-needed. I twisted the top sections back in curls to avoid a part and give it lots of volume.


Dude, have you tried hair chalk? It is great for all ages! I took this selfie in the car of mine. I rocked it for the wedding. It washes out and is a fun way to switch up your hair. I use it on kiddos all the time too! (as seen below at Tala) If you want some, let me know, and I will order it for you!



Some Tala- Before/Afters from the week:
 This is a Ombre fix- another hair stylist colored this ombre, and my client wasn't feeling it so we did a very heavy blonde foil with random chocolate brown low lights distributed throughout to balance the retouch and ends. I love how it turned out.
 My girl, Cindy, let me brighten up her hair with copper/gold highlights and a rich copper/auburn tint. I love it!
 I wish I had a before for Danielle! She had a level 7-8 ash blonde and I went through and foils pretty much every strand with a high lift bleach. I did peek-a-boo 5/6 N foils throughout the hair as well. I love how bright it is!
 This was my first time cutting Claire's hair and we rocked out a new/fresh style for fall. She graduated from college in May and is a official grown up now! I love how healthy and sophisticated her hair is now!


I brightened up my friend, Alicia's hair this week too! Lots of bright blondes! I love how the platinum brings out her eyes!


 My friend Jordan hung out with me this week and I whipped in some braids to do a quick and easy style! 

Do you have any fun techniques/styles to share with us? Please link up below! Follow me on Instagram as well and use #locklovewednesday and #locklovewed










No comments:

Post a Comment