home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lock Love.... Wed....er....Thursday

Hi friends! I have been slacking with my LLW posts! Sorry, I just sometimes need the inspiration to flow ;) Fall is here, whether, we like it or not..... But, Minnesota falls are the BEST. The leaves are in full color changing mode. Bliss. I am so excited for the change of season from the fashion side of things. Burgundies. Hazelnut browns, boots , scarfs, bold lips etc. I have been pinning away on my Pinterest boards for fall.  I am a huge fan of a couple fashion blogs that are so inspirational as well. 

( ^^ for weddings and fashion)
(dive into those and you will thank me)

I started Lock Lock Wednesday to get myself motivated to style my hair everyday. It is so easy, for even hair stylists to get in a rut with their hair. I am hoping to inspire you along the way with simple and fun techniques to help you look fabulous! Join me along the way. It will be fun! All you have to do is take snapshots of your hair during the week and link up with me below!  This week I am sharing with you a plethora of sorts, of pretty things. Hair and Beauty.

source  

I love a simple braid and updo combo.

 

I am obsessed, to say the least, with this fashion currently. Pretty sure, I have been rocking the bohemian headband 5x a week. 


I scored my headband on Etsy. 


I love this simple twisted side bun. 


How beautiful is this woman? I love the asymmetrical lob (long bob)


I am dying to style someone's hair like this at Tala.


A fun approach to the fishtail.


Lovely lip and nude makeup


My target shirt- It is my "worship Jesus" shirt. Thanks Target ;)

 I love curling short hair. This is Lisa, she has been rocking this "long" cut for her, a while now. I showed her how to curl the hair with a 1" inch curling iron. The key is to keep the ends (1-2") out of the curling iron, curling away from the face. We used Kenra taffy to piece it out. She is gorgeous.

I get asked all the time about Base Breaks. They are revolutionary for caramel/blondes. The left is my before the BB yesterday- and after on the right. You simply, break the base with a high lift color for 5-10 minutes. I do this every 5-6 weeks, and foil in blonde every 4 months. I love how it doesn't over-process my hair, gives my hair a break, brightens up everything, and is good for my client's pocket books. I charge $35. They are the best!!!! 


I colored Kari's Base break yesterday! She had 1" of re-growth. I love how it changes the whole look of blonde!


I can not believe that Tala has been open for 2 years now! What to the what?! I am celebrating with you by offering a discount on my Awapuhi Shampoo + Conditioner liters and my favorite dry shampoo! Thanks to all my Tala peeps for letting this lady, live out her dream! You rock!

Join the fun, and link up below, via instagram dot com or your blog and share your style.fashion, and hair favs! Feel free to comment below too :) I love hearing about your favs! Please share the goodness.

Loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment