home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

LOCK LOVE WEDNESDAY


I started Lock Lock Wednesday to get myself motivated to style my hair everyday. It is so easy, for even hair stylists to get in a rut with their hair. I am hoping to inspire you along the way with simple and fun techniques to help you look fabulous! Join me along the way. It will be fun! All you have to do is take snapshots of your hair during the week and link up with me below! 


I used a 1/2" curling iron in this picture. I curled my hair in two sections. The key is to curl your hair away from your face. I always hold the curling iron vertical and I don't curl my ends. Leave them out of the curl wand. I twisted my fringe and put a bobby pin in! I wear a lot of flowers to dress it up. This is a purple flower with from H&M. 


This is one of the easiest way to fancy up your updos. I love this alternative to a pony. I back combed my crown area with a Teasing U brush that Tala carries. I then took 3 sections at the nape of my neck and simply twisted my hair in knots and used bobby pins to hold in place. EASY. I don't have much length to work with yet, so if you have longer hair it is easier. 


Here is another angle of my updo! 


I liked this side better. I went with it. Even if it doesn't work out perfect--Go with it. The best part is that my hair is off my face for the day. Great for work and being a mom.


 In this look, I back combed again and just did a quick twist. I stuck a big clip in and a couple bobby pins. It took literally 3 minutes. The key is having day old hair. I only wash my hair every 3 days. I am a big fan of dry shampoo and baby powder. My hair was 3 days old here-so It worked amazing. If you have never skipped a day of washing your hair, try going a day and a half to start. 


I love this shot for many reasons.
1. attitude from toddler
2. pearls.
3. matching curly hair.
We had a photo shoot this past week for Zakiyah's 6 month. So I curled my hair in 3 sections and roughed it up with texture spray by Awapuhi that I sell at Tala. I always prep my hair with hair spray before curling. (Spray-Comb-Curl) is the trick! I left my hair down! I just back combed the crown after! 


Here I had curls in from the day before! I just pinned up my hair with a couple of bobby pins to give it volume and control. I used my dry shampoo from Eufora and hair spray from Awapuhi. 


I wore my hair down here. My hair was freshly washed. I air dryed it. After it was dry, I curled some random pieces with a curling iron. I had Moroccan Oil in and leave in spray. I used hair spray. I got my hair colored this day, FINALLY! I love the texture my hair has after I color it. Did you know that it actually swells the cuticle making it feel more thick? fun fact! 

How have you been wearing your hair this week? Tweet or join me on Instagram with #lovelovewed
Or link up below!!! Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment