home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

instagram art + cass house = everywhere

I am so happy that I finally decided to use my instagram pix! They have been just waiting to be played with and displayed in our home! I have been using instagram for over 2 years now on my iPhone. It started out with me using it to tone/filter my pictures and upload on Facebook, but has revolutionized into an explosion! I love it! I prefer IG more than FB. I like the simplicity of it. I have been looking into different websites/apps on my phone for ordering pix. I ended up going with Kanvess. I dump my pictures off my phone frequently, so a photo app was out of the question. I am very pleased with Kanvess. I ordered 100 prints, all 3"x 3". The quality is great. The paper is sturdy and not grainy. I love it. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking through my pictures the old school way, in my hands! Here are some ways I have started using them! 


I started out with an old barn window that I got from my friends, Eric and Danielle! It is from an abandoned barn here in Rochester! My hus screwed it into the wall on the top and bottom. 


I have been wanting to hang this window for a year and a half now. I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it after that. I love how the IG prints look on there. The contrast of the pictures with the paint. So much history.....window + pictures. Memories. Love. Of course, I used washi tape! Oh my word, I am really obsessed with washi tape too. I got the tape from my BFF, Jody for my birthday. She got it on Etsy. They now sell this stuff at Target, Michaels, Hobby Lobby etc. I use it on everything:  gifts, cards, walls etc. It is just decorative tape. I love how mine looks vintage! 





Here is a area shot of the living room! Everytime, I walk by this I smile!




That is what is all about with decorating....making us smile. our hearts overflow. I want my home to be a reflection of our priorities, personalities, style and needs! I love this. It is so fun how watching our home come along........as the days go.....creating a space that reflects my family!

In our main floor bathroom, I used some washi tape and made a mini collage. I am not sold on this space yet...but I am brainstorming of what to do with it. Here is it now.



When I ordered the pictures, I made sure to order ones for the girls bedrooms! I love the fact that Zion can look at her pictures and see people that she loves....her little friends. I used washi tape and added them next to her gallery wall! She loves it! She helped me hang them up!




In Kiyah's room, I put a picture in a 4x4 frame that I had. I just used double sided tape and put it on white paper. I used washi tape on the others and went around her shadow box! 







 Seriously, I have a problem....... I just love IG prints! Do you have a favorite website or phone app that you have had good luck with? Do you have a favorite place that you have found washi tape? Have you done any crafts with IG prints? I love ideas! Please share! 

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! You can click on the icons on the top right of my blog too! 







1 comment:

  1. what a fun idea! I wish I had more wall space to do something like that!

    -s

    ReplyDelete