home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lock Love Wednesday!

Can you believe it is Wednesday already?!!! Crazy! I can not believe how much it has been snowing here in Minnesota! I am ready for spring. But I have some fun hair to show to you today! I started Lock Lock Wednesday to get myself motivated to style my hair everyday. It is so easy, for even hair stylists to get in a rut with their hair. I am hoping to inspire you along the way with simple and fun techniques to help you look fabulous! Join me along the way. It will be fun! All you have to do is take snapshots of your hair during the week and link up with me below! (Feel free to grab a Lock Love Wed button on the right!)


I have been doing a lot of updos with my hair in knots/ twists! It is easy. It only requires a little backcombing and bobby pins. My hair was on its 4th day of no washing here! You might think I am crazy, but seriously, most hair does not need to be washed everyday. I have Eufora Dry Shampoo in my hair and Awapuhi Hairspray. I took my hair in 3 sections after backcombing the crown and part. I twisted it in a fun knot and pinned away. 


Kiyah is teething her top two teeth right now and wanting her mama a lot! She is taking 3 naps a day and obsessed with our cell phones. She literally just started grabbing it this past week.My precious babe!


 As you can see, its not perfect....but it is fun and not a pony! 






I have been loving using my flat iron to curl my hair. I use a GHD professional 1" flat iron! It is my Favorite by far! I have used many brands over the years but this tops them all. It heats fast and has beautiful rounded edges. 


 I put in my Matrix Miracle Treatment lotion spray and moroccan oil here. This was a wash day! :) Then I just went through holding my flat iron vertically/ no sections and curled around my head. I always curl away from my face! I twisted my left side and put in a few bobby pins. I like to do this so my hair is less grab-able for Zakiyah and stays out of my face when I am working! I finished with Awapuhi hairspray.


My hair below is a wash day too. I blow dried my hair upside down with Aquage Uplifting Foam and Moroccan oil. I ran a flat iron in some random strands. My hus thought this was a little puffy but I like the casualness of it! 


I am so over the dryness that winter brings. I have been using my deep conditioners every time I wash my hair. I also rinse conditioner with colder water to prevent my hair from getting too dry. Join LLW below by linking up with your post or instagram pix! Use #locklovewed or #locklovewednesday on Instagram! Check back tomorrow for my favorite styling products! Have a blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment