home             about             house tour             studio             contact             advertise

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Handmade Christmas Gifts!

I made this lovely canvas the other day, and I am quite pleased with how it turned out! I love making homemade/handmade gifts for the holidays. This art piece only took me a 1/2 hour! The possibilities are endless for ideas when using gold glitter!


Materials needed:
Embroidery Hoop
Duct cloth or fabric
scissors
mod podge or glue
glitter
stencils (for numbers)


I started with stretching the canvas on the hoop. I chose 3 sets of numbers: 05 (wedding anniversary), (10) year of Zion's birth, and (12) year of Zakiyah's birth! I used my stencils that I got at Michaels and put mod podge down with a paint brush. I sprinkled the glitter on and shook the canvas on a magazine to remove the access. Then let the project dry over night! 


I hung this up on our gallery wall on the stairs! I like adding art to the wall to switch it up a bit! 



What do you think? 





No comments:

Post a Comment